The Caribbean in general, and Barbados in particular, seem to be immune to the goings-on in the wider world. The waters are still crystal clear, the beaches are straight off the cover of a travel brochure, the people smile a lot and the weather is almost always perfect. That's not to say that the island hasn't changed. Half a century ago Barbados was an upper-crust retreat, it was White Mischief with sand – on the beach instead of the plantation. it's certainly no longer the preserve of the British elite, with luxury hotels, Barbados's sea, sand and sun are all within easy reach these days, and are especially appealing at those times of year when back home you are more likely to find yourself holding a snow shovel than a vodka and tonic. Yet for all its easy-going Caribbean-ness Barbados is one of the first islands in the region to have understood, astutely, that for many of these urban voyagers, sea, sand and sun are not enough, they also want to sample different restaurants and do a bit of shopping.
Contact our Travel Gurus for inspiration and advice on luxury hotels in Barbados.
5 results found
- Lagoon-style swimming pools help you get into the laid-back and tropical lifestyle of Barbados.
- Get all romantic with a candle-lit dinner for two as the sun melts into gently lapping ocean waves.
- A sublime west coast setting showcases fabulous panoramas of the Caribbean juxtaposed against the powder white sand of Paynes beach.
- An unparalleled beach front location with 0.7 miles of white sand beach.
- Barbadian heritage presented in the grandeur of the architecture and interior decor.
- Beachfront Junior Suites with private terrace, direct beach access and a dedicated butler.
- Unashamedly luxurious with the very finest of service standards.
- World class spa and three spectacular golf courses.
- All rooms uniquely feature large private verandas.
- Free Nights in Summer15
- Read more about this hotel to see the offers
- Intimate, contemporary chic for adults only.
- Complimentary Ambassador Service and Champagne breakfast daily.
- A wealth of fine dining within the area.
- The reassuring timelessness of a classic.
- Absolute beach front location.
- “Tree Top” suites for secluded elegance with a twist.