About this hotel
- Set on a sandy beach in 20 acres of sub tropical gardens in beautiful Baie aux Tortues.
- Personalised service available in the Royal Villa with Private Pool.
- Perfect for outstanding service and blissful relaxation in hideaway surroundings.
- Four-poster beds and sunken marble baths.
- Sumptuous spa - try Inkomfi Sloughing, The Oberoi massage or Shirodhara treatments.
Of the top three hotels in Mauritius, The Oberoi is all about the beach with its intimate beach coves. Apart from its setting in 20 lush acres, its dominant feature is its more than half a kilometre of beachfront spanning three crescents of white sand between the warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean and the mountains. Located in the less touristy northwest corner of the island along the Baie aux Tortues or Turtle Bay, The Oberoi is a beach resort for people who have no intention of roughing it. The hotel offers a comprehensive selection of spa treatments for those looking to indulge in a bit of R&R. Traditional Mauritian treatments using natural local oils and fruits star alongside conventional therapies, with guests raving in particular about the hotel’s signature massage.
There are two restaurants, one serving International, Oriental and Creole dishes, and the other serving light lunch by the pool and BBQ grilled meals in the evening. The main restaurant features a soaring roof of palm-thatched timbers and offers panoramic views across the Indian Ocean. As all the food is excellent, the main choice you have to make is whether to dine inside among the pillars, or outside under the stars.
Every room features a four-poster bed, sitting area, king-size or twin beds and neutral tones adding to a real sense of calm with outdoor terrace overlooking the ocean and gardens. Bathrooms have a separate shower and sunken bath overlooking an open-air walled garden.
The Luxury Villa with Garden is within a walled sub-tropical garden, it has an open air-dining pavilion. Luxury Villa with Private Pool has its own private swimming pool, measuring 8 x 4 1/2m, set within a walled courtyard garden.
Travel Guru tips
Pamplemousse’s gardens are known to naturalists worldwide for their large collection of exotic plants, including the giant Victoria Amazonica water lilies.
Visit nearby Grand Baie for a choice of local restaurants – curries are highly recommended.
- Save up to £1430 per person. From £2299 per person for 7 nights stay departing on selected dates in October 2014. Direct flights with Air Mauritius and private return transfers included. Please contact us for further details.
Want to find out prices and availability?