About this hotel
- New hotel with luxurious amenities and signature Kimpton service.
- Innovative FoodParc at the hotel’s own Plaza.
- Floor to ceiling windows in all guestrooms.
- Easy access to Midtown, West Village and Macy’s.
Chelsea gets its name from Captain Thomas Clarke, who retired to this then rural area in 1750, and named it after Royal Hospital in Chelsea.
One of the last neighbourhoods to be rehabilitated, Chelsea’s former bad-boy, rock-star grunge charm was like catnip for art galleries and it now features the largest concentration of modern art galleries anywhere in the world. It has so many white walled galleries that the area has earned the nickname the “White Cube”. Well placed to enjoy this creative energy and buzz is the Kimpton Hotel, Eventi.
Humphrey is a farm-to-table restuarant with live Jazz on certain evenings and outdoor seating in season. The big drawcard though is the 15000 sq ft Eventi Plaza. Designed as a way of integrating the hotel with its artsy locale, this is a public urban park space with art installations, giant screen and live events. Food is available via Brighton - a boardwalk serving up summer holiday fare - there are burgers, a Tiki Bar and even a fish-n-chip shack.
The keywords that come to mind are contemporary and comfortable. There is a long list of features including flat screen televisions, docking stations, marble bathrooms, robes and a gourmet stocked honour bar. But perhaps the most significant one, particularly in this neighbourhood, are the floor to ceiling windows.
There are five different categories of rooms based on the floor location and size, and there are six categories of suites, some distinguished by substantial outdoor terraces.
Standard King Rooms are 275 sq ft with one king bed and are on floors 6-12. City View King Rooms are the same size and start from floor 14 for the best of the view.
Deluxe Rooms are slightly larger than the King and are all located on the corner for maximum natural light. These come as standard Deluxe rooms on floors 6-12 and as City View Deluxe from floor 14 upwards.
There are also 325 sq ft rooms with 2 queen beds available.
Travel Guru tips
Walk 15 minutes in one direction for the madness of Times Square and the bright lights of Broadway and 15 minutes in the opposite direction to find the restaurants and nightlife of the West Village.
These days no gallery is complete without a store so local art shopping is a must, but you are also just 5 blocks from Macy’s flagship store.
Chelsea is known as the White Cube as it’s the world’s largest assembly of pristine white walled modern art spaces. Over 400 galleries and art houses to explore!
Christmas in NYC
- Book now for the holidays in NYC for under £1000 pp with continental breakfast and daily hosted wine hour Please contact us for further details.
- Great Summer rates and continental breakfast included Please contact us for further details.
Save up to £55
- On 3 night departures between 18 Aug 2013 and 02 Sep 2013 staying in a Deluxe King Room with Continental Breakfast Included on Economy Flights. From £889 per person. Please contact us for further details.
Want to find out prices and availability?